Trendspek Pty Limited (ACN 629 654 360) (‘Trendspek’ or ‘our’ or ‘we’) is in the business of providing software and other technological products and services for the purpose of recording, analysing, monitoring, inspecting, collaborating, designing and reporting on physical assets, spatial imagery and modeling (Online Platform), which is licensed to you (Services).
This Policy governs how Trendspek will deal with your Personal Information collected in connection with the Online Platform and Services.
This Policy also applies to Personal Information collected by Trendspek in connection with its Online Platform and Services, as well as in connection with any direct communication between you and Trendspek.
Trendspek uses third parties located both locally and overseas in addition to its own resources to provide the Online Platform and Services.
1.2 We are committed to protecting the privacy of everyone who uses our Online Platforms and our Services, for them to understand what Personal Information we collect and store, and why we do so, how we receive and/or obtain that information, the rights an individual has with respect to their Personal Information in our possession, and with complying with the Australian Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016.679 (GDPR).
2 THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect Personal Information that allows us to identify who an individual is and share Personal Information.
The type of information we may collect includes:
- Personal Information – such as an individual’s name, location, date of birth and nationality allowing us to identify who the individual is;
- Contact Information – such as an individual’s email address, telephone & fax number, third-party user names, residential, business and postal address and other information that allows us to contact the individual;
- Financial Information – such as any bank or credit card details used to transact with us and other information that allows us to transact with the individual and/or provide them with our Services;
- Statistical Information – including information about an individual and businesses in connection with the Services and the Online Platform.
3 WHY WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
3.1 We collect your personal information so that we can carry out the following actions:
- to enable you to access and/or use our Online Platform;
- to provide our Services;
- to communicate with you, including about our Online Platform and Services and offers which might interest you;
- to provide you with information or advice;
- to process payments by or to you in connection with our Online Platform and Services;
- to create accounts, tax invoices or receipts;
- to provide your personal information to third parties in order for them to supply the Online Platform and Services to you;
- to consider and respond to complaints made by you.
3.2 We may disclose additional purposes for collection of your personal information in collection statements at the point of collection.
4 HOW INFORMATION IS COLLECTED
Information is collected in association with your use of the Services and your use and/or access to the Online Platform, an enquiry about Trendspek or generally dealing with us directly or via our Online Platform.
5 WHEN PERSONAL INFORMATION IS USED & DISCLOSED
5.1 We will not use any Personal Information other than for the purpose for which it was collected other than with the individual’s permission.
5.3 Subject to clauses 8 and 14, we will not disclose an individual’s Personal Information to unrelated third parties.
5.4 There are some circumstances in which we must disclose an individual’s information:
- where we reasonably believe that an individual may be engaged in fraudulent, deceptive or unlawful activity that a governmental authority should be made aware of;
- as required by any law (including the Privacy Act and GDPR); and/or
- in order to sell our business (in that we may need to transfer Personal Information to a new owner).
6 SENSITIVE INFORMATION
Sensitive information is information about you that reveals your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs or affiliations, membership of a professional or trade association, membership of a trade union, details of health, disability, sexual orientation or criminal record.
It is our policy to only collect your sensitive information where it is reasonably necessary for our functions or activities and either you have consented or we are required or authorised under law to do so.
7 OPTING “IN” OR “OUT”
7.2 An individual may opt to not have us collect their Personal Information. This may prevent us from offering them some or all of our services and may terminate their access to some or all of the services they access with or through us. They will be aware of this when the following privacy principles apply to us:
- Opt In. Where the individual will have the right to choose to have information collected and/or receive information from us; or
- Opt Out. Where relevant, the individual will have the right to choose to exclude himself or herself from some or all collection of information and/or receiving information from us.
7.3 If an individual believes that they have received information from us that they did not opt in or out to receive, they should contact us on the contact details set out in clause 15.
8 DE-IDENTIFIED INFORMATION
8.1 We may use your Personal Information in de-identified form (de-identification being a process by which a collection of data or information is altered to remove or obscure personal identifiers and personal information) to assist us in running our business. We may also provide, including by way of sale, de-identified data and/or information in aggregated form, to third parties. This data and/or information may include (but is not limited to):
- Measurement statistics;
- Trends in property, land and other subject characteristics;
- Characteristics of property and other subjects;
- Such other data and information that is collected via the Online Platform and/or Services and is not capable of identifying you.
8.2 When your Personal Information is included in de-identified, aggregated data, it is not possible to identify you or anything about you from that data.
We may use temporary (session) cookies or permanent cookies when you access our Online Platforms and/or Services. This allows us to recognise your browser and track the web pages you have visited. You can switch off cookies by adjusting the settings on your web browser.
10 THE SAFETY & SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
10.1 We may hold your personal information in either electronic or hard copy form.
10.2 If you provide information to us electronically we retain this information in our computer systems and databases. If you provide information to us in hard copy (paper) this information is normally retained in our files and a copy is made to our electronic files.
10.3 We use industry-standard security measures to safeguard and protect your information.
10.4We may disclose your personal information to third parties and service providers located overseas in connection with any purpose, including to overseas cloud computing hosts. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipients of your personal information do not breach the privacy obligations relating to your personal information.
10.5 We are not responsible for the privacy or security practices of any third party (including third parties that we are permitted to disclose an individual’s Personal Information to in accordance with this policy or any applicable laws). The collection and use of an individual’s information by such third parties may be subject to separate privacy and security policies.
10.6 If an individual suspects any misuse or loss of, or unauthorised access to, their Personal Information, they should let us know immediately.
10.7 Where we become aware of any breach to our security systems that breaches or is likely to result in a breach of your rights or freedoms with respect to your Personal Information, we will notify you and any supervisory authority as required.
10.8 We are not liable for any loss, damage or claim arising out of another person’s use of the Personal Information where we were authorised to provide that person with the Personal Information
11 HOW TO ACCESS AND/OR UPDATE INFORMATION
11.1 If you would like us to update or amend your personal information, please contact us on the contact details set out in clause 15 and we will make the requested amendments.
11.2 We may ask you to verify your identity to ensure that personal information we hold is not improperly accessed.
12 RIGHT TO BE FORGOTTEN
In the event that you decide that you no longer want us to hold your Personal Information, you may notify us in writing on the contact details set out in clause 15 of your desire for us to delete your Personal Information on record. We will use our best endeavours and comply with all legal requirements within a reasonable timeframe to delete your Personal Information, unless we are required by law to retain such information.
14 DIRECT MARKETING
Trendspek and/or our related entities may contact you with direct marketing communications and information about the Services or other products and services offered by us via telephone, email, SMS, or regular mail.
If you have indicated a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavor to use that method wherever practical to do so.
You may opt out of receiving marketing communications at any time by responding via the channel in which you received the marketing communication, or by contacting us on the contact details set out in clause 15. You can unsubscribe from emails by clicking the unsubscribe link on the footer of the email communication you have received.
15 COMPLAINTS AND DISPUTES
15.1 If an individual needs to contact us or has a complaint about our handling of their Personal Information, they should address their communication in writing to the details below:
Trendspek Pty Ltd
Address: Suite 22, 108 Dunning Avenue, Rosebery NSW 2018
Email: [email protected]
15.2 If we have a dispute regarding an individual’s Personal Information, we both must first attempt to resolve the issue directly between us.
15.3 If we become aware of any unauthorised access to an individual’s Personal Information we will inform them and any supervisory authority as required, at the earliest practical opportunity once we have established what was accessed and how it was accessed.
16.1 If you are:
- A resident of the European Union accessing our Online Platforms or receiving our Services in Australia; or
- accessing our Online Platforms or receiving our Services from within the European Union,
then in addition to our obligations under the Privacy Act, Trendspek is required to comply with the GDPR with respect to your Personal Information.
17 ADDITIONS TO THIS POLICY
Version Date: 25th February 2021